Pipe Spool Fabrication
Lortz can rapidly respond to requirements for Pipe Spool fabrication. Lortz takes a flexible approach to fabrication and works closely with the engineer/end user to meet specific pipe spool delivery priorities. Lortz produces SolidWorks drawings of each individual spool to assure error free fabrication and prevention of production delays.
Lortz advantages :
- Total Understanding of the 1973 Price Book
- Total Understanding of Pipe Fabrication
- SolidWorks Drawings of all Pipe Sections
- Eight (8) Axis Robotic Pipe Layout -Positioning and Cutting direct from SolidWorks drawing interface with Robot - guaranteed layout accuracy from drawing to finished part
- Color Coded Drawings of Pipe Sections by job site installation area
- Color Coding Finished Pipe Sections by area
- Bar Coded Drawings of Pipe Sections
- Bar Code applied to Pipe Sections
- Welding Quality with less than 1% Rejection Rate
- Welding Efficiency by Use of State of the Welding Technology
- On-Schedule Shipment Due to Predictable Results from SolidWorks Drawings, Welding Quality and Efficiency
- No Confusion at Job Site with Shipments because of Color Coding and Bar Coding by area
Total Customer Satisfaction
Through Progressive Thinking
And State of the Art Technology
The Lortz Engineering Team is 21 Associates strong, 3 MSME, 6 BSME, 5 experienced Project Managers, and 8 SolidWorks Detailers. The Pressure Vessel Engineering Team has 16 years verage experience in pressure vessel design and fabrication.
Whereas most Fabricated Pipe Spool orders start with Isometric piping layout drawings furnished by customers, Lortz does have the capability of analyzing piping systems utilizing Coade’s Caesar II Pipe Stress Analysis software.
We have full capabilities to design, perform flexibility analysis and fabricate entire piping systems as part of our engineering services. Lortz also designs and manufactures metal expansion joints that can be integrated with piping system design.
Each Prefabricated Pipe Spool order is assigned to a Lortz Project Manager that is involved from day one. The Project Manager is responsible for the entire order scope from receipt through shipment. MS Project Schedules are created and managed for each project.
When required Lortz Engineering will provide PE certified drawings and calculations.
Engineering software used by Lortz includes:
- Codeware Compress and Coster
- Coade Code Calc ASME Appendix 26 Metal Expansion Joint Analysis
- Coade Caesar II Piping Analysis
- Cosmos Finite Element Analysis
- SolidWorks Design & Modeling
- FLEXXCHECK Bellows Design Analysis SOLIDWORKS advantages
- Collaboration with customers through the use of eDrawings and other integrated design communication tools to facilitate swift development of optimum end use application design solutions.
- Import and export of more than 25 2D and 3D file formats directly to and from SolidWorks for almost unlimited customer interaction of designs.
- Photorealistic renderings and animations for improved understanding of the final manufactured part.
- Drawing interference detection during design to prevent drawing errors prior to manufacture.
- Substantial reduction in rework and scrap during manufacturing operations.
- Optimal use of raw materials through automatic “nesting” interface.
Quality Assurance and Operational Excellence are important foundations of Lortz’ 60 years of success in business.
Lortz has built a solid reputation with customers based on operational excellence and high quality products and service.
Lortz’ Quality Management System is in compliance with ISO 9001:2000 and ASME Section VIII and Lortz holds ASME “U”, “S”, “R”, “PP” and National Board “NB” certificates.
We have invested in state of the art inspection and NDE equipment that includes:
- Dimensional Inspection -FARO “X” Laser Tracker CMM System
- Positive Material Identification “PMI” -Nitton XL3T XRF Analyzer
- Ultrasonic Inspection -GE Phasor XS
- Video Imaging Boroscope -Olympus iPLEX FX
- Digital Pressure Gages -Crystal XP2i
- Hardness Tester -Equotip
Lortz Manufacturing Company has implemented an advanced welding technology program that has been enthusiastically endorsed by all of the LortzWelding Team. The program emphasizes control of all welding processes to approved welding procedures assuring the highest quality, consistent welding results.
Lortz’ Quality Management System is in compliance with ISO 9001:2000 and ASME Section VIII Division 1 and Division 2, and Lortz holds ASME “U”, “S”, “R”, “PP” and National Board “NB” certificates. We have invested in state of the art inspection and NDE equipment that includes:
- “One touch” weld parameter set up in compliance with qualified weld procedures.
- Wireless transmitters monitored remotely for weld procedure compliance and overall Welder performance.
- Automatic shut down of machines when weld procedure parameters are violated.
- Remote programming of weld procedures into each welding machine
- Multiple Process Capability – GTAW, GMAW, FCAW, SMAW.
- Welding machine self-diagnostics for ease in trouble shooting and minimizing down time.
The Lortz Welding Team welders are qualified to ASME Section IX and AWS D1.1