Lortz has exceptional capabilities for the manufacture of Process Skids. Working with customer process P&ID drawings, Lortz designs and models the skids with SolidWorks resulting in 3D drawings.
Lortz’ experienced fabricators, welders and fitters fabricate the skids utilizing a combination of the SolidWorks 3D drawings and detailed shop and inspection planning. Electric wiring and controls are performed by experienced local contractors and final testing is performed by Lortz.
The final touches, media blast and coating are expertly performed by the Lortz Coating Team. The end result are high quality skids produced on-time with an outstanding visual appearance.
The Lortz Engineering Team is 21 Associates strong, 3 MSME, 6 BSME, 5 experienced Project Managers, and 8 SolidWorks Detailers.
Engineering details the customer furnished P&ID drawings in SolidWorks resulting in 3D drawings, and submits the drawings for approval. Detailed shop and inspection planning is created to assure proper sequencing of the fabrication process. The customer furnished P&ID drawings are used for all electrical wiring and controls.
Each Process Skid order is assigned to a Lortz Project Manager that is involved from day one. The Project Manager is responsible for the entire order scope from receipt through shipment. MS Project Schedules are created and managed for each project. Engineering software used by Lortz includes:
- Codeware Compress and Coster
- Coade Code Calc ASME Appendix 26 Metal Expansion Joint Analysis
- Coade Caesar II Piping Analysis
- Cosmos Finite Element Analysis
- SolidWorks Design & Modeling
- FLEXXCHECK Bellows Design Analysis
- Collaboration with customers through the use of eDrawings and other integrated design communication tools to facilitate swift development of optimum end use application design solutions.
- Import and export of more than 25 2D and 3D file formats directly to and from SolidWorks for almost unlimited customer interaction of designs.
- Photorealistic renderings and animations for improved understanding of the final manufactured part.
- Drawing interference detection during design to prevent drawing errors prior to manufacture.
- Substantial reduction in rework and scrap during manufacturing operations.
- Optimal use of raw materials through automatic “nesting” interface
Quality Assurance and Operational Excellence are important foundations of Lortz’ 60 years of success in business.
Lortz has built a solid reputation with customers based on operational excellence and high quality products and service.
Lortz’ Quality Management System is in compliance with ISO 9001:2000 and ASME Section VIII and Lortz holds ASME “U”, “S”, “R”, “PP” and National Board “NB” certificates.
We have invested in state of the art inspection and NDE equipment that includes:
- Dimensional Inspection -FARO “X” Laser Tracker CMM System
- Positive Material Identification “PMI” -Nitton XL3T XRF Analyzer
- Ultrasonic Inspection -GE Phasor XS
- Video Imaging Boroscope -Olympus iPLEX FX
- Digital Pressure Gages -Crystal XP2i
- Hardness Tester -Equotip 3
Lortz Manufacturing Company has implemented an advanced welding technology program that has been enthusiastically endorsed by all of the Lortz Welding Team. The program emphasizes control of all welding processes to approved welding procedures assuring the highest quality, consistent welding results.
Lortz’ Quality Management System is in compliance with ISO 9001:2000 and ASME Section VIII Division 1 and Division 2, and Lortz holds ASME “U”, “S”, “R”, “PP” and National Board “NB” certificates. We have invested in state of the art inspection and NDE equipment that includes:
- “One touch” weld parameter set up in compliance with qualified weld procedures.
- Wireless transmitters monitored remotely for weld procedure compliance and overall Welder performance.
- Automatic shut down of machines when weld procedure parameters are violated.
- Remote programming of weld procedures into each welding machine
- Multiple Process Capability – GTAW, GMAW, FCAW, SMAW.
- Welding machine self-diagnostics for ease in trouble shooting and minimizing down time.
The Lortz Welding Team welders are qualified to ASME Section IX and AWS D1.1